2014-12-01 - The Making Of Bare Knuckle
Today I have something special for you. Introducing a brand new section: The Making of Bare Knuckle. This article provides an in-depth look at the making of the original Streets of Rage game, from concept through design, and features some WORLD EXCLUSIVE, previously unseen material that was cut from Read Only Memory's famous 'Sega Mega Drive/Genesis: Collected Works' book. I hope you enjoy reading it, and the new light that it sheds on the game's development.
Streets of Rage Online is split up into 7 main sections. You can access any page using the menu system at the top of every page, or you can use the menu pages below.
- Streets of Rage - All the info you will ever need on the original game and more, plus Bare Knuckle Mobile.
- Streets of Rage 2 - An extensive look at what many consider the finest title in the series.
- Streets of Rage 3 - The usual game info and downloads, plus exclusive in-depth looks at the hidden motorbike stages cut from the final game and all the Streets of Rage 3/Bare Knuckle III differences.
- Next Gen - Info, news, and speculation on brand new, next-gen SOR titles from Sega.
- SOR Remake - An in-depth look into Bombergames' awesome remake of the SOR trilogy, plus featured SORMaker Mods. Easily the best fangame of them all.
- Other Fangames - A look at the wealth of other fanmade SOR titles available, including Rage of the Streets and the Shiva & Lisa trilogy.
- Miscellaneous - This is where the bits that don't go anywhere else end up, including music remixes, fanart galleries, fanfiction and more.
If you have anything Streets of Rage related that you think deserves a place here, don't hesitate to contact us. MP3 remixes, fangames, ROM patches... We're always looking for new material to enrich the site. If we believe it's got a place here we will give you full credit. We reserve the right to refuse inappropriate or poor quality material, and the webmaster's decision is final.
Send your SOR material to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note, we will no longer accept submissions of fanart or fanfiction. If you want to share such things you can do so on our forum.
Also note, we do not provide technical support for any of the downloadable content listed on this site. If you need help, use our forum.
WE ARE NOT A ROM SITE. Distribution of illegal ROMs (Unmodified or otherwise) is against the law. Please do not ask for game ROMs as we cannot provide them. If you want to find ROMs there are plenty of ROM sites out there which can easily be found with Google. You will have to find them yourself.
Webmaster Contact: email@example.com
SOR Online Staff
Contributors: Jonny H, Streets Man, Red Rum
Community Administration: Mister X Neo
Moderators: Yuzoboy, Mr.Din, DigitalDuck, Shyning
Streets of Rage is copyright © 1991-1994 Sega Enterprises, Ltd. All Rights Reserved.
The OpenBOR engine is copyright © 2004-2011 OpenBOR/Open Beats of Rage.
Streets of Rage Remake is copyright © 2003-2011 Bombergames.